background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sleepy bedtime stories

Ever since we moved Noah into a big boy bed, I always fantasized about reading bedtime stories and him falling asleep while we were reading. HA! We used to let him read and read and read (after all it's educational) until we realized he was soooo manipulating us into prolonging bedtime. So we now do 3 bedtime stories then it's time for bed.

Last night he refused to eat dinner saying it was "yucky" (a new trend here). As we were eating he stripped down, put both arms up in the air and yelled "FREED!!!!!!!!" There should have been a talk about inappropriate behavior at dinner time, but Paul & I both laughed. Just couldn't help it. Then decided to take advantage of him being naked, throwing him in the shower early.

Paul gave Ells his bath while I read to Noah. I was reading this book of 3 minute bedtime stories and just kept reading more and more since it was still early. All of a sudden his breathing got slower and deeper and he passed out. We were on his couch and he was cuddled up on my lap with a pillow. It was the sweetest thing. I wish Paul had taken a picture. He was down for the count by 7:45. Nice.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

sweet! Wish I could have seen that. I bet you never wanted to get up.