background

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

He wants us to buy a new car

Noah has been asking Paul & I both to buy a new car. For a few weeks now. Usually, every single night. I think looking at his pillowcases as we read stories and prepare for bedtime prompts him (they have several different primary colored cars, busses, etc). Green is Noah's favorite color, and has been for a long time. He'll ask us "Mommy/(or Daddy), can you buy a green car?". We thought it was cute and funny. But, we've since realized that he is dead serious. And he's not giving it up. He doesn't care that I have a new mini-van. We need a new, green car. And he reminds us often that Coco and Keena have one.

I told Paul that when his Jeep inevitably dies and he buys a new car, it'll have to be green or Noah will be heartbroken. Paul said he already had the same thought. He asked Noah the other night what kind of green car he wanted. Noah thought for a second, and then said "A green, American car". We both just laughed. After owning several Hondas that we have been very pleased with and a Jeep that has caused a lot of expensive repairs, we are definately not buying an American car. Paul gave him a choice: "Would you like a Honda or a Toyota?". Noah still insisted "A green, American car".

No comments: